Roleplayers Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Anonymous

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet
Character Name: Maybelle Parell

Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 pm

"Yes, of course!"
As she is finishing, however, a loud belching sound can be heard from the next room.
"Ok, wheres the meal already? Thus buffet was grand, but lacked in actual things to eat!"
This is, without a doubt, an ogre voice...
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Katarina looked back at Hawk for a moment when he mentioned the weapon. "Really now? The prospect sounds great," she said, a slight grin emerging on her face, "but I think I may wait until he proves he's unworthy of my clan's name. Those splitter whelps didn't last a century without a bigger clan protecting them." The loud belch from the ogre interrupted her thoughts and caused her, Sorano, and Kilgore all to look over at the creature.

The sound also caught Telu's attention.
"Oh dear..." the cook muttered. "Um.. dearie, check the freezer unit and see how many sides of beef we have left. I may have to have Sorano put in another inventory order soon." Telu pointed towards the icebox door, looking a little worried for one of the first times since Maybelle had met her.

Back out in the lounge, Sorano would approach the ogre and ask what he meant by 'lacking in actual things to eat.'
"Was it not enough?" she inquired concernedly.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet
Character Name: Quill

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Hawk just frowned at the noise then continued to talk to Katarina. "Yeah. I'd demonstrate, but you don't really wanna be near it. Phoenix was built to burn. My job was always shock and awe, along with portable annihilation. Put it like this: If you want, go outside with my holdout pistol, and take a shot on the range. You'll only want to shoot it once."

Greg, Quill and Phoenix all looked utterly shocked, and Void, running on slow, heard nothing.
Back to top Go down
https://rpanon.forumotion.co.uk
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 pm

"How uncouth..." Acheron muttered, turning back around and adjusting her sunglasses. "I would imagine not, seeing as how it sounds like it takes my kins' biggest non-sentient enemy and turns it into a laser death sentence. And why would that be? That one would only want to fire said pistol once?" she inquired, wrapping her fingers around her chin thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:14 pm

Hawk grinned. He loved demonstrating. "C'mon, I'll show you." He would reach out and attempt to take her gently by the arm, and lead her outside.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:19 pm

Katarina stood, permitting Hawk to take her arm and lead her outside. For all her leadership and independence, Acheron had still grown up, in a manner of speaking, in times when men were chivalrous and when they were gentlemen.

That and, if she hadn't wanted him to do so, she could have broken his arm in an instant.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:25 pm

He pulled up at the long range section, and took out the holdout pistol. "Fifteen rounds a magazine. Recoil is... Rather extreme." He sets the range to have one tank sized metal target and hands the pistol to her. "I'll warn you, brace yourself."
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:49 pm

Once out at the range, Katarina looked down at the pistol rather skeptically. "This little thing?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she held it in her hand. "It's smaller than my .45s." The vampire glanced up at the target, then down at the little gun sitting oh-so-harmlessly in her palm, and did this twice. She braced herself, legs apart and one knee bent to take the recoil, then aimed the little gun with one hand. That single voice of doubt grated in her mind seconds before her finger squeezed the trigger, and her other hand would come up far too late to brace it.

A vampire's pride, after all, has sat and grown over decades. Katarina's was no exception and she was prone to overestimations of her own strength. Despite having the ability to kill a human with a normally non-fatal punch, Acheron didn't exactly have much experience with a pistol like Hawk's little piece of technology.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:03 pm

When she thumbed the safety off and pulled the trigger there was a brief beep and the gun fired. The following effects would all happen simultaneously.

The gun would pulse, a visible magnetic field briefly expanding around the gun.

The projectile would never be seen, the afterimage of it's passage, a violet line connecting the tank and the gun. The tank would annihilate, the intelligent projectile splintering and ricocheting around inside it and exploding with a bang heard for some blocks.

Katarina, having pulled the trigger not properly prepared, would just go backwards at some speed and end up halfway through the wall, brick dust everywhere and a new backache.

These three having been simultaneous, we now restart time.

There would be a high pitched whine as the tiny gun's capacitor array recharged and a hissing of steam as it cooled down.
There would most likely be a stream of swear words, as Katarina extricated herself from the bricks' loving embrace. And, fully ten seconds after firing, the tank turret would land with a clang on the floor of the range.

Hawk hoped she'd be forgetful about him pointing it at her when she was after his blood.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

The expression on Katarina's face before the kick sent her backwards would be one of shock, then pain and irritation as she broke down the wall. Before the vampire emerged from the rubble, the gun, with its safety back on, would be tossed back towards Hawk and skitter to a stop at his feet. Then bricks would start being tossed to both sides and a pair of shattered sunglasses tossed in the same manner as the pistol. A steady stream of muttered curses were audible between the sound of bricks hitting each other and the floor.

After a few minutes of bricks and masonry being forcefully removed from her vicinity, the vampire sat up, her legs still laying over some of the rubble. She popped her shoulder back into place with a grimace, then arched her back. There was a series of cracks, then she stood up to dust herself off. Her shattered lenses had made a few slices into her face.

"How in the name of Vlad Dracul can you safely fire this miniature hellbeast?!" she asked, obviously quite irritated and bewildered. She approached Hawk, looking herself over for damage and checking her pocket. The cell phone had somehow survived with a couple of bang-ups; she would need it later. If the blackbird watched carefully, he would be able to see her advanced regeneration already hard at work, repairing the cuts and abrasions.

"A warning for the future: Point that thing at me, and I'll break your wrist by the graces of my self-preservation instincts. Trust me, it won't be personal. But never point it at me, for your own sake." The look on her face was serious, even if she meant no purposeful malice.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Hawk picked up the pistol and pocketed it.

He would help her to get out, clearly not having realised that she wouldn't have taken his words to the letter and done a proper brace, and apologetic as her dusted her off.

He nodded at her warning about the pistol. "Unless you lose your head, I will never point this at you again. Even then, I wouldn't want to fire. You're a nice person. Well to me, anyway."

"As for how I can fire it?" He took it in one hand, aimed it at another tank and steadied it. Her eyes would pick up the warping in the air connecting the gun to the ground at a 45o angle in front of it as he used his magkinesis to brace the pistol against the Earth's own magnetic field. He fired it, blowing the second target into so much ash with a second boom that would echo around the grounds.

"Trust me when I say this is my smallest pistol. There's a railgun inside which has recoil dampers. This is the same gun, with no dampers."

He pocketed it, and smiled weakly for her. "Well, I've pretty much guaranteed that your next meal won't get me a favour, as punishment for this..."
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Kat folded her arms across her chest and nodded to his reply to her warning. She watched him carefully as he fired the gun and reduced the second target to dust.

"You're in possession of an ability, which I lack, that enables you to fire the pistol. Impressive. My curiosity finds itself wondering what that ability is, exactly." She took her phone and sent a message to her butler, then pocketed the phone and nodded once again when he mentioned the railgun. His last sentence would get naught but a scoffing sound, a slight smirk, and a shake of the head in reply.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

"I'm a magnetic. Magkinetic, whatever. The ability to manipulate magnetic fields."

He blushes at her response. "You'll overlook this? I-I'm kinda surprised... I thought you'd be after me for this..."
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Chuck's laugh would better be described as "guttural", as he tries to refrain his hilarity.
"No, seriously. Are you on a diet or something? I fought hard, I had eaten less than my share for three day, I'm going the have a gargantuan meal right now, or I cook the chef!", he said to Sorano.

---

Maybelle opens the freezer.
"Well, there's enough for a dozen or so, at most. But I'm referring to humans, here, I think it should be enough for now, but it's going to take time to cook that much meat in so much time, Telu... Telu?"
Facing her, see witnesses the birdlady's face getting somewhat tense.

---

Upon hearing the first gun shot, the ogre took a look to it's origin, then it's destination. When the turret lands, he only mutter these words: "Heh, not that bab, for a gun!". He didn't get up during the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Katarina nodded. "So that's it. What enables you to fire it. Intriguing," she said, as her phone vibrated weakly to tell her she had a new message. It was from her butler, and it said that he would bring her a clean uniform and a replacement phone as soon as he could. "Mind you, I didn't exactly say that I would overlook it. But I'm willing to forgive on the basis of my own foolish pride." Kat's smirk receded, replaced by an irritated look that could only mean that she hated to admit her mistakes. "Shall we proceed back inside? I need to be in a place where Richards can find me reliably." Acheron then turned on her heel to head back into the lobby.

Inside, Sorano would be looking rather worried.
"Joking or not, I'll overlook that when I speak with Telu," she said, turning and walking into the kitchen to speak with the anxious cook. "Telu, I-"
"I heard, dearie. Sorry to cut ya off there, but I heard. Get Phoenix in here, if you would. She'll be able to do what needs to be done. And start fillin' out some of that inventory paperwork; we'll be needin' the resupply. And Maybelle, dearie, if you could pull the flat cart out of the refrigeration unit and into the freezer, we'll put a couple of those sides of beef on it and take them outside to our outdoor fire pit," the Trogon directed, already working in a faster mode than usual. She was preparing sauces and seasonings while giving the orders. Sorano nodded and went back out to the bar, nudging Phoenix and telling her that Telu wanted her in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm

"Sure. I ain't going to mention this." Hawk pocketed the pistol and walked back inside with her, glad that she'd settled the matter.

Phoenix would turn, and head into the kitchen. "You called?"
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 pm

"Good," was Katarina's only reply to Hawk after he said he wasn't going to mention it. She popped her neck a couple of times as she felt her regeneration finally complete its work on a couple of fractures she'd taken. Once inside, she'd stand near the foyer hallway to wait for her butler. After all, she didn't want to get rubble dust on the furniture she'd claimed as hers for the day.

Sorano would also follow Phoenix back in and get ready to help Maybelle with the beef. Telu looked up at the sound of Phoenix's voice and breathed a sigh of relief.
"Glad you're here, dearie. I need you to watch over a couple sides of beef outside, hopefully using that power of yours. I'm sure you heard our large friend out there?"
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Hawk just went back to sit down, and pick over his meal.

Phoenix nodded. "I did. You want food roasting for him, or him roasting for food?"

She chuckled at her own rather bad joke, and headed outside to the firepit.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 pm

It would be some fifteen minutes or so before Katarina would move. Everyone else would hear a knock on the door, and Kat's voice inviting someone else in. She would return to the lobby with an older gentleman, dressed formally, though not quite as much as Katarina herself, and obviously bearing the physical traits that all the patrons had likely come to associate with the vampiress. With a glance to everyone else in the inn, Acheron moved herself and the man, her butler Richards, to a corner. After all, having two vampires in the place, no matter for how long, was bound to make someone uneasy.

Telu chuckled softly. "You know what I mean, miss Phoenix. Sorano, go help her out, would you, dear?" Sorano nodded and tagged along after Phoenix to get the pit and spit roasting equipment set up.

"Man, if I have any precognition at all, I would say that the ogre will eat us out of business," the Felix muttered to Phoenix once they were outside.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Hawk just looked at them both, mostly uncaring, figuring the arrival was Katarina's subordinate. He knew she understood his wishes about vampires here.

Phoenix set the implements up around the pit, and looked down into it, seeing only ash. "Oh, what the hell. Sorano, you can cook this stuff if I provide a fire, right?"
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

"Good to see you made it here safely, Richards."
"Thank you, Master Acheron. By the Impaler, what have you been up to?"
"I'll relate the tale later, Richards. You brought what I asked of you?" Kat asked. Richards nodded, then added,
"I also bring news of coming arrivals."
"Arrivals?"
"Aye, Ma'am."
"Good? Ill? Unknown?"
"Unknown. I passed them on my way in. They had an odd way about them. Before Milady asks, permit me to elaborate. They seemed split into two groups. One of which looked from around here, the other... Notsomuch," the butler said, to which Katarina's response was to knit her brow in thought, then prompt him to continue. "In short, Master Acheron, this establishment would do well to expect both irritated locals and some sort of oddity-seeking gaggle."
"Oddities... Like ourselves, the blackbird and his akin friend, or those two mages, I assume?"
"I couldn't tell Milady and be sure," Richards admitted, shrugging in response to Kat's indicative hand motions.
Their conversation was audible to most of the inn, if barely. Soren sat up in worry and prodded Void to ask him something. Hawk would be able to hear it, as well.

Outside, Sorano replied,
"Yeah, I can. Are we out of-... Never mind. The answer's yes. As long as you can provide the fire, I can do the cooking." The Felix girl nodded assuringly. "Looks like firewood is also on the list of inventory requisition."
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Hawk shrugged. "They could also be after the mercs. Or the ogre and the method by which he bloodied that axe. Or after knowledge of the two discharges from the rifle range."

Phoenix settled down in the ashes, ate another glucose tablet, and ignited herself in a fierce but controlled flame. "If you want temp regulation, just say."

Void would wind back out of his idle state, and turn to see Soren. "Hmm? You need my attention?"
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Richards and Kat both turned to look at Hawk, and the butler nodded.
"Really, Milady, they could be after anyone here, seeing as how no one in this edifice is quite what mortals call 'normal'," he said, handing Katarina a package before turning to leave. "I take my leave, Ma'am. Salizar may need me if that whelp mucks up again."
"Very well, keep to the shadows and Dracul guide you. Thank you, Richards. Make sure that Stockton does his job. I have an ace in my hand if he doesn't," Kat said, gesturing towards Hawk as the butler glanced back once more and grinned before disappearing out the door.

Soren looked back over to Void and related what she'd heard from the two vampires. "You don't have anyone in particular looking for you, do you? I do, but that's not the question at hand," she asked the chronomancer.

"Alright. Tone it down a little," Sorano said, as the heat washed over her from where Phoenix sat.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Hawk grinned once, semi-childishly, at Kat's 'Ace' line. It caused him pleasure to build and destroy, even if no life was lost. He was a perpetual tinkerer, always improving his equipment, or demolishing what couldn't be improved.

Void turned to look directly at her. "I have no-one among my enemies who would be able to be here at this time. However, what is your issue?"

Phoenix lowered her heat output by about 100oC
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:40 am

Maybelle brings the meat and seems also concerned by this.
"Should I start cooking some veggies to go with this? Just in case?"
She do not wait for the answer however and starts looking around for things to do to help, quickly learning where to find anything that would be useful for her... althrough seeing Phoenix in action diverts her attention for some time.

---

Chuck and Orage overheard the conversation too. The axe released some sparks.
"I know, dear... But don't fry them before Klyl ask to do so, you know how he is, 'think then act'"
His mumbling should however be covered by the ambiant noise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP
Page 17 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next