Roleplayers Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Anonymous

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet
Character Name: Quill

Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Empty
PostSubject: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 am

I'm thinking of running a shortish D&D game with a Window version of the D&D rules, while nicking as many tropes from TV Tropes as possible to make up a story. Characters are to be played... however you like, but with some form of stereotypes or anti-stereotype(IE a Barbarian who refuses to fight...).

Who'd be interested?
Back to top Go down
https://rpanon.forumotion.co.uk
Dannir

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Something based on TV tropes and story driven ? I'm both totally curious and Xtremely interested. (yes, I know it should be extremely, but X make everything cool...) I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet
Character Name: Maybelle Parell

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Of course! I sign in!
Back to top Go down
BlueFireWolf

BlueFireWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:08 pm

I would say yes but I have no idea what all that means. o_o
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:15 pm

The Window

TV Tropes

and

D&D (3.5)

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
BlueFireWolf

BlueFireWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Oh dear, looks like I've got some reading to do! Lol, I'll let you know when I get a decent grasp of it. x3
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:23 pm

You only need to get the gist of TV Tropes and D&D.

We'll use Window a lot, though, so I'd recommend you read all of that.
Back to top Go down
BlueFireWolf

BlueFireWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Okay, I'll try. o_o
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Of course I'd be up. x3

I already know the gist of the Window system and I think enough of D&D to get by, seeing as how Arcanomicon is based off a similar mixture and my group plays often enough for me to remember how that goes. x3

Dice checks are less emphasized, as in "Roll a D10 (10-sided die) for damage" or "Agility check, roll your D12" will be the likely most common dice rolls. The way this works is less focus on the dice and more focus on the story, which is the basis of the Window. A mixture puts a little more emphasis on the dice without overwhelming it like D&D is said to do.

Never done it text-based, but I would assume that the DM would OOC, or place in OOC brackets, any dice checks that players need to roll.
Example wrote:
{insert story text here}

((Players, roll your perception. Results will determine what your character sees on the wall.))
Back to top Go down
BlueFireWolf

BlueFireWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Ooooh, gotcha. I'll look more into it just to make sure I understand more. :]
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:23 am

Yeah, that's the idea, Cho.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm still up for running this as well as the Paranoia game. Anyone else is welcome to DM a game of their choice, or take over this one.

Either makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?   Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stereotypical lightweight D&D campaign?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplayers Anonymous :: RPs :: Structured/Story-driven RPs-
Jump to: