Roleplayers Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplayers Anonymous

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet
Character Name: Quill

Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 pm

He sat there, looking confused, until he smelled his food. Which he ate, hungrily and messily.

Quill shrugged. "Ah, well. We'll just have to get the gear fixed." The gear briefly flashed blue, and vanished, just as the grandfather clock started to tick again. Completely baffled, Quill went and looked into it. "It's back in there! And fixed! What on earth did that?"

Phoenix looked at the shard of metal. "Has this come from inside the watch?"
Back to top Go down
https://rpanon.forumotion.co.uk
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet
Character Name: Maybelle Parell

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 pm

The heap of dirty dishes was slowly diminishing, but there's still some work to be done.
"huh... why does menfolk would be causing problem? I don't understand..."
She is too naive to see the obvious answer to this, her mind drifting into too many imagiary location Telu would have seen to ever think about this.
"Life must be good, travelling everyday, seeing new places... hmmm..."
In her daydream, she doesn't realize she is washing what she already did previously.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Even Katarina was startled by the flash, but she showed more intrigue than shock. Sorano, having been doing a few trivial things, peeked out from the kitchen, curious.
"What was that? I felt another magical spike. It wasn't you, was it, Kilgore?" she asked, looking to the hemocryomancer as the latter was still puzzling over her watch. Soren looked up and shook her head.

"Wasn't me. Something caused that gear to fix itself and reappear in the clock. This piece of metal may have come from the last time I messed with the internal workings, though. But why was affected now... I have no idea. It faintly reeks of magic, though. Just an opinion coming from a mage," Kilgore said. "And now the thing's working again!" She returned the back onto the watch, listening to it carefully to make sure it wasn't her ears just hearing things.

"It's a superstition, dearie. Though it has held true for Miss Catalina most of the time," Telu said, as she finished cleaning up her area to move onto the next project. "Don't cut yourself on this, miss... Er, I don't think I ever really caught your name, young'un," she said, placing the knife in the sink. "Young'un?" Then the Trogon laughed a little bit. "You must really want to make sure them plates are clean. That'd be the second time you've washed that one."
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 am

Quill just shrugged and turned back to the bar counter, wiping the surface. "Nothing to do with me."

Phoenix looked at Soren's watch, and shivered. "That's... Not usual..."

~~~

Outside, there was another blue flash, as a figure appeared, twenty feet above the ground, and hit it with a crunch. A hollow, slightly echoey voice spoke. "Owch. Heh. Hmhmhm... Now, is this the right place?" It got up with the sounds of springs winding and strode towards the inn.
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:33 am

Being caught off guard in her lullaby, Maybelle first didn't know how to explain herself. Took her two seconds before actually realizing what she was doing, and that she completely forgot about presenting herself.
"errr... sorry, I was so sure there would be formalities to do before actually working I forgot about this. Name is Maybelle Parell, student of the Waxing moon nature of the Moon Goddess."
She akwardly started to work again, this time correctly.
"Sorry, I will strive to work better... By the way, how should I call you? Boss Telu? Captain? Chef?"
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:38 am

The arrival strode up to the door, waited seven seconds, and then knocked, just as the grandfather clock struck ten.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:15 pm

"Lovely name for ye, young'un. Miss Maybelle." Telu smiled and gently patted the girl's shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll be gettin' the hang of it all soon enough. We all ain't so good when we first start out. And I don't mind if you just call me Telu. Everyone does, and I really don't need no fancy title or nothin'," the cook said, her feathers likely tickling Maybelle's skin as she walked off to check on some pastries she was baking.

Soren placed the watch back around her wrist. "Metallurgy is linked to my discipline, but I have no skills with it."
"Shh. Listen," Kat said suddenly, getting up and approaching the door. Her footsteps were barely audible, despite the fact she was wearing formal business boots. "New arrival," she muttered, moments before the knock came and the grandfather clock chimed.

Sorano would then approach the door, and Katarina backed away. The aura of magic was strong now, the Felix could feel it in her mind. She opened the door. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:25 pm

"Ah. Life. Good evening."
The figure's hand jerked at his waist, and then shot out with the winding noise a just-about-to-strike clock makes. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance. May I be allowed in?"

His other hand was moving a small, daggerlike object in a regular rhythm from side to side, timing perfectly matching a second for one half repetition.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Sorano started at his twitchy, jerky movement, but shook his hand nonetheless. "Of course. Come on in," she said, standing aside after letting go of his hand. Katarina would be standing by the wall at the corner where the foyer became the lobby. The vampire would wait there, arms crossed, until the new arrival had walked into the main room itself. "You have a name?" Sorano asked.

Once he had come in, Acheron gave him a once-over. The daggerlike object seemed less like a weapon and more like a pendulum. Soren seemed to pay less attention to him, but in reality she was getting a feel for any magic coming off him.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:16 pm

"Me?" The figure paused. "Huh. Hmhmhm..." He vanished in a slight blue flash and reappeared in the same manner about half a second later already inside the inn, standing in the centre of the floor. "I suppose the nearest thing I have to a name would be... Void. I require some shelter, as I appear to have forgotten what I was doing here. Heheh... My arrival was, shall we say, rather... Abrupt."

Void was a moderate height humanoid figure, wearing very tightly fitted armour for a chest/back piece and streamlined shoulder guards. His head was hidden behind a oval steel mask with a single blue camera lens about where the bridge of the nose would be. He was swathed in tight, clean linen bandages, covering every inch of exposed flesh, which was mostly neck, arms and hands, as his legs were covered in loose leather pants and he wore shoes made also from leather, bound like a rock climber's shoe, allowing separation of the big toe from the others.

Of his arms, one, the one he'd offered to Sorano, was just bandaged. The other had metalwork from the shoulder-guard down to the wrist.

Striking features on the armour were a complete circle, a deep electric blue on the chest plate. It was split by a single line into an outer ring and an inner circle. Around the edge of the circle, at the two o'clock position a black line led up to the shoulder-guard and down his left arm's metalwork where it ended above the wrist as an arrow.
At six o'clock, there was a short line ending in a small circle about thumbnail size. His right-hand shoulder-guard had three black circles, each the size of the smaller circle on his chest plate.

Finally, and oddly, he audibly ticked at a rate of about two (tick-tocks) a second, at the same speed as the object now in his right hand, which could be seen as the larger version of a clock's minute hand, with the same tear drop shape.

He didn't feel magical as such, but Soren got the feeling that the odd figure had learned long ago to repress his trace in the world, magical or otherwise.

Last edited by Hawk_v3 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 pm

The chill that went into Maybelle' spine when she felt the feathers was hard to contain, as she is ticklish; she even hissed, but it was on the instant. She had to refrain herself so she wouldn't drop what she had in had. But soon after, her curiosity came back.
"What are those?", designating the pastries with a nod from her head. "It smell good at least, and it sure looks the same, you really are a chef!"
Her part of the work seems alomst done by now, just a little more effort.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:31 pm

"Of course. We have a room that we can give you for the time being," Sorano said, after having turned around in a bit of a flustered reaction to his sudden disappearance and reappearance in the middle of the room. She would once more retrieve the guestbook, and set it out on the counter for him to sign. Though with how he twitched and jerked like a mechanical construct, she doubted it would even be legible. But perhaps he had his ways.

Katarina studied his appearance carefully. It was rather interesting, almost as a cartoon portrayal of a ninja of some sort or another. The ticking rather annoyed her, but like other annoying things before it, she would tune it out.

Soren was a little cautious concerning the newcomer. He had an odd feel about him that she had only felt once before and extremely briefly. If he used magic at all, she decided, he was one of the very rare varieties.

~~~~~
Telu hadn't paid attention that her feathers had tickled Maybelle, a little more preoccupied with not singeing them while pulling the tray from the oven. She looked up at the girl's question, and replied, "Assorted fruit compote turnovers. Got cherry and apple, peach and blueberry, and a couple of other kinds, too." She would set them on a cooling rack and then walk over to the refrigerator, retrieving a bowl of a thick white goop: Icing. "Well thank you, dearie. I've been tryin' so many recipes over the years, but fruits always came more natural to me, I reckon," she said in response to the compliment, smiling and drizzling the icing over the pastries.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Void looked down at the guestbook, took the pen, and signed a very angular, spiky signature.

"Is that satisfactory?" He turned to face Soren, sensing her own magic, and with another winding, his ticking beat increased it's pace.

"Another mage? It's been a long time since I've seen a magic user let alone..." His head cocked suddenly to one side. "Three? Four? No, three and two magical weapons." His head jerked back upright.

"I should introduce myself... I am an Xelor. I hope this won't cause alarm, I don't like striking at those who attack me for being me." Although he hadn't moved from his position, it seemed that he was tensed for defence, though this might be confused with attack.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Sorano nodded, closing the book and turning around to put it back up and grab the keys. Soren, who had been messing with her watch still yet, looked up at the sound of the Xelor's ticking increasing pace. She tilted her head slightly to the left, regarding him with a wary eye.

"Time manipulator?" she asked, squinting one eye a little. "I don't see many, fact being I've only seen one and not for longer than two seconds, but... That kind of feeling I get off you just doesn't fade like the last one I saw," she said. She didn't move to attack, but it was clear she was rather uncomfortable around his type. Soren, having dealt with rogue mages from all across the disciplines as well as Imperial Mages, was always ready to attack or defend around other spellcasters. Usually defend, since her skill required blood spillage on one side or another.

"Haven't heard of that type of being. You seem tense, Xelor. I assume you have had hostile encounters with other magical varieties in the past?" Katarina inquired, still leaning against the wall, arms crossed.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:18 pm

"Heheheheh... What do you mean-"
He vanished and reappeared halfway between Soren and Acheron.
"-by that? Why did the last one fade?"

Void turned to face Acheron. "Yes. Chronomancers aren't very popular, due to the difficulties in fighting them..." He vanished again, reappearing by her side as a slight example. (This action hereafter known as a blink. EG: "He blinked next to Katarina.")
"It's- Hmhm. -extremely hard to hit us unless by surprise. And we have other tricks too."
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Soren jumped a bit, turning around in her seat to keep an eye on the chronomancer. "What I meant is that the feeling I got from the last time I met a chronomancer never really faded, unlike he did. He vanished in the literal blink of an eye. And now I feel it again, and that told me what you are," Kilgore elaborated, blowing her bangs away from in front of her eyes. She almost wanted to pull some water from the air to make a defensive shard with. But she refrained for now.

A few muscles in Katarina's face and arms twitched, but that was all of the start that would be visible to others, if it was visible at all. "Noted, seeing as how you seem to be one place one moment and somewhere else the next. A person would have to hit you hard and fast to gain a leg up on you," she said, uncrossing her arms and letting one hand slip down into her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Void blinked back half a meter, getting out of her personal space. "Please don't go for a weapon. I don't want to have to end a fight. Neither do I want to use this." The clock hand in his left hand twirled around his expertly moving fingers as he spoke, making it clear what 'this' was.

He chuckled at Soren's words. "And this feeling is, what, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Fruits. No wonder it seemed that good, she like fruits, altrought she isn't used to baked one.
"I can understand why you prefer those... you don't seem to be a raptor kind of bird to me... you tend to go on what you would eat naturally. Am I right?"
She looked at the iced pastrie, obviously eager to taste these whenever possible.
"Hey, maybe we could share our recipes? I know of some straw and blueberries tarts that I think you would find of your liking. Too bad it is too late for this evening..."
The last potware is now all shiny.
"And that's done for. Anything else?"
Washing her hands, she waited for her next duty.
Back to top Go down
Eizoryu

Eizoryu

Character sheet
Character Name:

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Katarina grinned. "I have no weapon on me but what I am. If I had intended to strike, I would have done it straightaway, while you were still that close," she said, getting off the wall and putting her other hand in her pocket. She glanced at the clock hand he held, nodding an acknowledgement.

Soren, in the time that Kat had spoken, had pulled some water from the air to play with it, making a figure eight stream in the air. It wasn't much water, but enough for her to freeze it if she had to. "Just this apprehension, this uneasiness. That mixed with a slight intolerance. Just what I've been taught," she said. "Nothing personal."

"That you are, miss Maybelle," Telu agreed, finishing up her decorative icing. Each turnover had a shape on it that represented what filling it had. "I naturally go for mangos and other tropical fruits, but I've learned to like the more temperate fruits, too," she said. She placed the icing aside and directed Maybelle to get a cake platter from the cabinet; the same cabinet she had gotten the lid from. "Sharing recipes sounds like a lovely idea," the cook said, smiling, "and I don't often get to do that. As for your next job, if you don't mind, the floor does need to be swept. Brooms and mops are in this closet here." Telu then approached a door between two of the counters and opened it, indicating the mops and brooms and detergents.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Void nodded at Katarina, and chuckled airily.

To Soren, he also nodded. "Learned hatred of a school of magic not seen for yonks for a reason? We tend to vanish when the mob is at the door. Some don't thanks to misuse of anti-magic shells. Thankfully, I am immune to those. Otherwise..."
His head jerked and he stood still for some time.
"I can't remember, but I think I was once attacked by such a mob. I managed to vanish me and the house I was in... And half someone's head. Complete accident. The door held for a second less than I needed and they were across the boundaries."

He turned to face her, acknowledging the water in the air.

"Well, branched school water mage. You are welcome to spar if you wish to test me. I promise by the time we've finished you'll be unscathed."
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 pm

As she brings back the platter, she takes a quick glance at all the avairable ingredients.
"Hmm... with all of this, there's so much I could do... You've got such a beatiful and well equipped kitchen."
She then procced to take the broom and start her cleaning duty, trying to do this the best she can, when...
"UUUUUUUWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
She strikes the ground multiple times with her improvised weapon.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:07 am

Phoenix hurried in, followed by Quill.

"What's going on in here?"
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 am

"A... a big cockroach! Just here! Under there!"
She looks panicked, searchig for the small, inoffensive animal, broom in hand, ready for the strike.
Back to top Go down
Hawk_v3
Admin
Hawk_v3

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Phoenix blinked. "Oh?" She knelt down and peeked under a dresser, and there was a brief burst of flame.

"No more cockroach."
Back to top Go down
Nikoleis

Nikoleis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 pm

She looks embarrased.
"Err... well, I suppose it would do..."
And then it turned into surprise.
"Wait wait wait! How did you do that!!??"
She just witnessed Phoenix's power for the first time in action and thanks Goddess, Wow! Now, more than ever, she wants to know more and her eyes speak for her in this case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP   Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Umbra Noctis - Tavern/Club RP
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next